14th NOVEMBER 1988
Extra-Ordinary General Meeting
held at the
THE BUNBURY UNITED SOCCER CLUB INC
Presided over by President Ivan Garic
CONSTITUTION OF THE BUNBURY UNITED SOCCER CLUB (Inc)
- a) The name of the club is BUNBURY UNITED SOCCER CLUB, hereinafter called “United”.
- b) The home ground of “United” is Hay Park, Parade Road, BUNBURY. W.A.
- c) The colours of “United” shall be Green, White, and Red.
- d) The emblem of “United” is a two headed dragon, holding a soccer ball.
- To Play, Encourage, Promote and Foster the game of Association Football in accordance with the laws laid down from time to time by F.I.F.A.
- To hire and/or acquire any real or personal estate for the use of “United”.
- To invest and deal with the monies of “United”, in such manner as may be required by “United”.
- To manage, develop, and improve all property real and personal of “United”.
- To borrow, mortgage, or raise upon loan, any sum or sums of money for the benefit of “United”.
- To take whatever steps are required to pay off and redeem all such debts and obligations incurred by “United”.
- To do all such things as “United” may consider are for the best, and in the good interests of the game, the players, the Members, and of “United”.
- There shall be two classes of membership, Playing and Social.
- The membership fee for each class shall be set by the Committee prior to the commencement of each season.
- A member shall cease to be financial if club fees are unpaid thirty days from date of account, and shall lose their right to vote at any club or committee meeting.
- A Club Patron shall automatically become a “Financial Member” and shall not be required to pay any membership fees for as long as they so remain Patron.
- Each member shall upon payment of fees be issued with a membership card for that financial year, and a copy of the “United” Constitution.
- “United” may elect any person to be a Life Member, the election shall take place at the Annual General Meeting. The number of persons so elected shall be restricted to two only each election.
- A Life Member shall be exempted from paying any further membership fees, he/she shall retain full voting rights at all meetings, (club), he may attend committee meetings as an Honorary Committee person without voting rights.
OFFICES AND OFFICERS:
- The Officers of “United” shall be :-
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
JUNIOR VICE PRESIDENT
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
ASSISTANT FUNCTIONS MANAGER
In addition there shall be a minimum of Three Committee person’s or as many as “United” shall deem fit.
- The election of all Officers and Committee persons shall take place at the Annual General Meeting.
- All nominations for elections of Officers must be lodged with the Secretary seven days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- A Nominee shall have a proposer and a seconder, and the nomination form shall be signed by all three.
- The President, Senior Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer shall be elected for a three year term. The Junior Vice President, Public Relations Officer, Registrar, Functions Manager, and Assistant Functions Manager shall be elected for a two year term.
- In the event of any of the offices becoming vacant the Committee shall co-opt any suitable persons into that office until the following Annual General Meeting.
- Any Officer or Committee person missing three consecutive meetings without just cause shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her position.
- The retiring President shall be entitled to a place on the new committee should he so desire.
- All administrative powers of “United” shall be vested in the Committee who shall meet as frequently as required. Such meetings to be at intervals of not more than Thirty Days, so that the business of “United” can be attended to in a correct and satisfactory manner.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS:
1.1 He/she shall take the Chair at all club and committee meetings and at any other meeting where his presence is desirable.
1.2 He/she shall ensure that business at all such meetings is carried out in a proper manner.
1.3 He/she shall, in the event of a tied vote, have a second or casting vote.
1.4 He/she may at his own discretion, or upon the written request of at least three (3) Financial
Members, call a special Club Meeting.
1.5 His/her signature, in conjunction with either the Treasurer or the Secretary, must appear on all
cheques issued on behalf of “United”.
- SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT:
2.1. He/she shall assist and help the President in every way.
2.2. He/she shall, in the absence of the President, assume that office, and all the duties of that office under the same conditions.
- JUNIOR VICE PRESIDENT:
3.1 He/she shall assist and help the President in every way.
3.2 He/she shall, in the absence of the President and Senior Vice President assume the office of
President and all the duties of that office under the same conditions.
3.3 He/she shall assume the position of Junior director and look over all Junior matters.
4.1. He/she shall assist and help the President in every way.
4.2. He/she shall keep or cause to be kept, full and accurate minutes of all meetings.
4.3. He/she shall arrange and convene all meetings.
4.4. He/she shall, in the event of the absence of the President, Senior Vice President, and Junior Vice President, assume the chair at that meeting.
4.5. He/she shall keep a full and up to date register of all players and members.
5.1. He/she shall receive all monies on behalf of “United”, and issue receipts for all such monies on official receipts.
5.2. He/she shall pay all such monies into those accounts as he may be instructed so to do by the Committee.
5.3. He/she shall keep a true full account of all “United” accounts.
5.4. He/she shall submit a full financial report at all club and committee meetings.
5.5. The “United” financial year shall close on the 1st day of December in each year. The Treasurer shall then prepare an audited balance sheet and statement of Accounts for presentation at the Annual General Meeting.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER:
6.1. He/she shall ensure that all Members are notified of all “United” functions by newspaper of letter.
6.2. He/she shall assist and help the secretary.
6.3. He/she shall be responsible for all publications of news to the public, to do all such things as “United” may consider are for the best, and in the good interests of the game, the players, the members and of “United”.
7.1. He/she shall be responsible for signing on all “United” players, and ensuring that a correct record of all players’ registrations and transfers be kept.
7.2. He/she shall be responsible to sign all match cards at “United” games.
7.3. He/she shall assist and help the President in every way.
- ASSISTANT TREASURER:
8.1. He/she shall assist and help the Treasurer in every way.
- FUNCTIONS MANAGER:
9.1. He/she shall liaise with all committee members on all club business.
9.2. He/she shall take the Chair at all functions and Ladies meetings, except when the President of “United” is present.
9.3. He/she shall keep a true full account of all canteen goods in supply and present a full report at each committee meeting.
9.4. He/she shall be responsible for the stocking of canteen and Bar goods on a weekly basis.
9.5. He/she shall be responsible in organizing al “United” functions and Canteens.
- ASSISTANT FUNCTIONS MANAGER:
10.1. He shall assist and help the Functions Manager in every way.
10.2. He/she shall, in the absence of the Functions Manager assume that office. And all the duties of that
office under the same conditions.
11.1. A club meeting shall be held each month, the meeting in January shall be the Annual General
11.2. The Committee shall meet at intervals of not more than thirty days to transact the business of
11.3. Extraordinary Meetings may be held from time to time, these shall be convened as follows:
when and as often as the President shall think fit, or upon the written request of at least three
(3) Financial Members.
11.4. The Secretary shall arrange all venues for all such meetings, and shall in cause of the Annual
General Meeting and of any Extraordinary Meeting, give at least fourteen (14) days notice.
11.5. All persons attending and having voting rights shall exercise those rights, either in the
affirmative of in the negative.
11.6. Each financial member over the age of eighteen (18) shall have one vote at all Club
Meetings, in addition, each Office Bearer and Committeeman shall have one vote at all
committee meetings. In the event of a tied vote at club or committee meeting the President
shall have a second or casting vote.
11.7. At all committee meetings Four (4) members shall form a quorum, providing that either the
President, Senior Vice President, or Secretary be present.
11.8. At all ‘Extraordinary Meetings’ only the business for which the meeting was convened may
be discussed, unless the President rules otherwise.
- STANDING ORDERS:
12.1. If after one half hour subsequent to the time fixed, a quorum is not present, the meeting shall
12.2. The order of Business shall be:-
12.3. Reading or Tabling of the minutes of the last meeting;
12.4. Business arising from said minutes;
12.5. Reading and confirmation of Correspondence;
12.6. Reading of Financial Statement;
12.7. Reports of Sub Committees;
12.8. General Business.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS:
13.1. “United” is a non profit body, and shall not make or authorise any payment by way of
dividends or by distributing of surplus funds to its members;
13.2. No payments of any kind shall be made to any officer, player, member, or any other person,
except those for which the legitimate payment is legal, and only then when such payment is
covered by an official invoice or other such bill;
13.3. Any financial member can, upon written request to the Secretary, inspect all club books and
13.4. The committee shall have the power to suspend, dismiss, or expel any person having to do
with “United”. But any such decision is subject to and open to appeal;
13.5. A player registered with “United” shall not be registered with any other soccer club during
the period of that registration, unless otherwise sanctioned by the committee;
13.6. The committee shall have no power to wind up the affairs of “United”. Winding up shall only
take place on a motion carried by seventy five percent of total financial members voting at a
properly constituted meeting. The motion shall include recommendations for the disposal of
any surplus funds and assets of “United”. It shall be the duty of the Committee to act upon and
to comply with all such decisions;
13.7. The decision of the ‘Committee’ in the interpretation of these regulations on any question, or
upon any matter affecting “United”, which is not covered by these regulations shall be final
13.8. Any alteration to this Constitution can only be done at an ‘Extraordinary General Meeting’
Specifically convened for such a purpose, the ‘By-Laws’ however, may be altered or revised
at any Club or Committee Meeting;
13.9. No financial member may be elected on the Executive Management Committee except if they
have been a financial member for the last three (3) consecutive years leading to his election on
13.10. All funds raised by all ‘Sub Committees’ on behalf of “United” shall be banked in “United”
accounts to be used as the committee so determines.
13.11 The President having consulted with Three (3) other Executive Members may disband any
Sub Committee if he so desires.